Monday, April 29, 2013

Product Review - Karen's Body Beautiful

Alo Lovelies! 
I promised this review many many many many moons ago.
Better late than never right?
*but never late is better*

Anyhoo, I won these Karen's Body Beautiful products last year at the Midlands Meetup
Check out that post here
They were donated by Nexrastore.com but I just checked their site & don't see KBB
I'm guessing they don't stock them anymore but Curly Emporium has it for the UK gals
so the prices I will show are from the KBB site & CurlyEmporium
I used them once before I jetted off to FL for the summer and I didn't carry them with me
but I've been using them since I got back, with others & so forth.

Get into the review.

Ultimate Conditioning Shampoo

$12 | £10


WORKS BEST FOR Thick kinks or curls, relaxed, color treated or dry hair.DESCRIPTION: Created for kinky, curly, relaxed, dry, or color treated hair, Karen's Ultimate Conditioning Shampoo cleans and moisturizes your tresses without stripping it. Perfect for dry, thirsty hair.DIRECTIONS: Apply to wet hair and massage into a thick lather. Rinse and repeat if necessary.
INGREDIENTS: Purified Water, Saponified Coconut & Safflower Oils, Vegetable Glycerin, Aloe Vera, Echinacea, Nettle & Horsetail Extracts, Panthenol, Essential and/or Fragrance Oils & Vitamin E


I've used this over a dozen times. It takes some time for it to lather up. 
Rinse & repeat is necessary to get a good cleanse from this.
Smells like playdough.
It does clean hair & moisturize, it did not strip my hair.
I'm not crazy about this shampoo though.
It's comparable to Shea Moisture Moisture Retention Shampoo
& I think SM does a better job at cleansing than this one.


Luscious Locks Hair Mask
$25 | £19

WORKS  BEST FOR Thick kinks, curls or waves, relaxed, color treated or dry hair.DESCRIPTION: The Luscious Locks Hair Mask is a wonderfully nutritious conditioning treatment that you can use as often as your hair needs it.  
Conditioning doesn't get deeper than this because everything you need for your hair is in this jar.  Saturate your strands with this rich blend of herbs like shikakai and rosemary which are known to promote hair growth, arnica and nettle to strengthen your hair follicles and aloe for much needed moisture.  It's called Luscious Locks for a reason.
DIRECTIONS: Use it after you shampoo instead of your regular conditioner. Coat your hair from root to tip and leave it in for 20 minutes.  If you can apply heat that's a great way for the nutrients, herbs and other ingredients to penetrate your hair and scalp really well.  Gently rinse and style as usual. INGREDIENTS: Purified Water, Aloe Butter, Jojoba Oil, Agave, Vegetable Wax, Vegetable Glycerin, Aloe Vera Juice, Panthenol, Arnica, Calendula, Echinacea, Nettle & Horsetail Extracts, Carrot Seed Oil, Rosemary Essential Oil, Arnica, Shikakai & Amla Extracts, Vitamin E & Natural Enzymes.

This is a bomb behind deep conditioner. I used it right after poo-ing every time and it was magical.
This has great slip! I love a DC with slip. I could detangle my hair with ease.
I got around 5 uses out of my jar. A little goes a long way but it's easy to get heavy handed with this.
Upon rinsing, my hair felt soft and moisturized. Good on & off.


Heavenly Jojoba Hair Oil
$16 
n/a at CurlyEmporium

WORKS BEST FOR Thick kinks or curls, relaxed, color treated or dry hair.DESCRIPTION: Created from Carrot Seed and Rosehip oils, known to stimulate hair growth and strengthen your hair shaft, Heavenly Jojoba Hair Oil locks in moisture and replenishes your scalp’s essential oils.  Perfect for natural, relaxed or pressed hair.DIRECTIONS: Use twice a week on hair and scalp or more as needed.INGREDIENTS: Jojoba, Avocado, Rosehip, Black Seed & Carrot Seed Oils, Essential and/or Fragrance Oils & Vitamin E






This is the fave out the bunch. I had never used any other oils besides Coconut, EVOO & Sweet Almond. Never been into oil blends much either; only tried 1 from Shea Moisture but this is amazing.
I get the hype behind jojoba oil and this blend is great. I got the Egyptian Musk scent & I can't get enough of it. This is light and does a great job at sealing in moisture. I've also added rosemary & tea tree to it for a scalp massage on occasions. 


Creamylicious
$18 | £15
WORKS BEST FOR Thick kinks or curls, relaxed, color treated or dry hair.DESCRIPTION: Enriched with ingredients that stimulate hair growth & strengthen your hair shaft, Creamylicious moisturizes and adds sheen to dull, dry hair.DIRECTIONS: A little goes a long way.  Start by scooping a small amount of product to melt in your hands. Works best on dry to slightly damp hair, since wet hair sometimes doesn’t absorb rich butters readily.INGREDIENTS: Shea Butter, Jojoba, Avocado, Rosehip Oils, Essential and/or Fragrance Oils, Vitamin E & Carrot Seed Oil
This is basically the Hair Oil whipped w/Shea Butter. I love adding Shea Butter to my hair after applying an oil so I was excited about this. First use I completely ignored the whole wet hair thing & applied it anyways.. bad idea. It really doesn't play well with wet hair. Damp hair is eh.. I say 90%-fully dry hair. I like using this to randomly moisturize my hair and to do twists with this. It lives up to its name by being very creamy. 

------------


OVERALL

Out of everything, I would purchase the Hair Mask & Hair Oil.
The prices are a bit argh for me. I'm one for homemade DCs due to the amount of hair I have. It is more economical for me.
I would buy these as a treat though. I love that you can get the products in a variety of scents & the all natural ingredients.
 I had a good run with these so I would look into other KBB products in the future if my pocket allows. Seeing as how select Targets now carry some KBB products, this may come about sooner than later.




No comments:

Post a Comment