Thursday, November 15, 2012

Candidly Speaking


Hello Lovelies!
Back with another Candidly Speaking & this one is of Elizabeth Berry aka Elizzie954
've known Liz for a couple of years now & I just had to feature her!
She has a YouTube channel that is geared towards curly girls with some beauty vids mixed in.
Be sure to subscribe to her channel here!

   


Why and when did you start vlogging?

I started my channel, Elizzie954, back in 2008 when I was a senior in high school. I couldn't find many videos of girls with my hair type so I thought it would be fun to do my own product reviews. Soon I was getting questions from other curly girls and mothers on how to style my hair; therefore I started recording tutorials and just kept going from there.



How has your vlog affected you?

My vlog has helped me accept myself and my looks. I was pretty self conscious in school and never seemed to fit in. I tried to control my hair with way too much gel and mousse. Watching my videos from start till now, I see how much happier I am with myself. It's as if I had a lion caged up and finally set it free; it's unnatural to conform to others and the kindness from my viewers/friends helped me unleash myself in a way.

What do you hope to achieve with your vlog?

I want to be able to share my knowledge on curly hair and experiences. I don't want younger girls to have to go through all the tormenting I did for looking different and not fitting in because they don't belong to just one race. Besides sharing tips for hair, I want them to see that they should embrace being unique now so that they can live life for themselves and not others.





Regimen:

I wash my hair 3-4 times per week and I try to use natural shampoos and conditioners. I massage in shampoo only to my scalp then rinse. I then apply conditioner to my hair and detangle with a paddle brush. Then I rinse out the majority of the conditioner and wrap my hair in a microfiber turban to dry until it's damp. After it's dry I run a leave in conditioner through my strands until everything feels smooth and moist. Air dry and that's it.

 4 words to describe your hair:

Exotic
Flirty
Lion's Mane
Delicate




5 things that you're loving at the moment:

-Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Restorative Conditioner
-Lush Cynthia Sylvia Stout Shampoo
-Mark Lipclick in Coral Fixation
-Mark Hand It Over in Plum Berry
-Blue Bell Cookie Dough Ice cream


Candidly Speaking....
One of my favorite quotes is
"Beauty without intelligence is a masterpiece painted on a napkin."  -Anonymous

Check out this vid from her channel of her Summer Routine.
Remember check her out on YouTube for more videos!

1 comment:

  1. Reading this made me blush. Thank you for the feature! <3

    ReplyDelete