Thursday, February 2, 2012

MANE-ly Speaking

Introduce yourself.
My name is Jessica Ray. I am 19 and an aspiring salon owner. Currently I am a cosmetology student in Miami, FL hoping to turn my salon into a franchise.






3 words you would use to describe yourself.

I would have to say carefree, adventurous, and spontaneous.

Why did you go natural?

I decided to go natural because I could not stand the way relaxers would make my hair feel all stringy and the texture was awful. Oh and I hated having to constantly blow dry and flat iron my hair, it’s just so damaging, causing all sorts of split ends and breakage.



Was it difficult or easy to go natural?

For me it was fairly easy to go natural because I believe that hair is hair and it will always grow back. Before I went natural I had my share of Mohawks and asymmetrical bobs, all kinds of crazy colors and highlights. One day I just took some clippers and shaved it off, and I had to do it myself because for some reason any barber shop I would go to begged me not to cut my hair, oh well…


4 words to describe your mane.
diverse, bountiful, voluminous, and manageable. 




Tell us a little about your regimen.
Well I wash my hair weekly, and change my shampoo brand after I finish each bottle. I religiously do a monthly deep conditioning treatment to keep the texture soft. I try to minimize gels and hairsprays, but I do use mousse and leave in conditioners for work and special occasions when a wild mane should be kept to a minimum. 




What have you learned on your natural hair journey?
On my natural hair journey I have learned that it is best to just go with the flow. However my hair dries is how it’ll stay. When I wash my hair I comb it out while conditioner is still in it and then I don’t touch it anymore. My wild and crazy hair reflects my personality and my carefree attitude, although sometimes I am in my spontaneous moods and want to do something crazy, I realize that my hair is me and it suits me perfectly.


No comments:

Post a Comment