Monday, December 12, 2011

MANE-ly Speaking



Who are you?

WELL!!! I am Amanyea Shadea Milagros Stines (love my full name :))  :) I dance with L'Acadco - A United Caribbean Dance Force and I am studying Aerospace Engineering and Dance at Penn State University. I love cars, shoes, clothes, chemistry and ballet :)

3 words you would use to describe yourself.

Eclectic, Random and ADHD (not an adjective but! lol definitely me )



Why did you go natural?

I have been natural almost all my life, I've been rocking short cuts since I was 13 (when I decided to go completely bald :)) ONE DAY! -_- I decided to put a relaxer in, that was almost the worst decision in my entire life, SO! last year, I cut all my hair off! to start again!. I am currently trying to achieve a long mane.



Was it difficult or easy to go natural?

Wasn't very difficult for me, since that is what I was use to, I didn't know how to manage my new found relaxed hair, it was a lot more work for me. My mother also didn't believe in relaxers or anything chemical, not even gel. I've been putting olive oil, shea butter and mayonnaise treatments in my hair from an early age, :)! THANK GOD for the mother I have. 

4 words to describe your mane.

unruly:)!, bipolar, GORGEOUS!, and loyal!



Tell us a little about your regimen.

In all honesty, I love my hair but I always NEED a different look. So my regimen is purely strategies to keep the hair "on my head" lol. I highlight, low light, streak, and bleach my hair almost every month, and I cut it almost 4 to 5 times a year. This is my first year attempting to grow my hair out. I shampoo once a week and co wash every other day :).  I deep condition my hair every other week, and do oil treatments the weeks I don't deep condition. I use anything that smells good and feels good to me, I trust my hair to tell me what it likes and it definitely likes Herbal Essence's Hydration conditioner, and Yes to cucumbers shampoo. I usually make my own deep conditioner with anything that is left in my refrigerator. 
Yogurt
Mayonnaise
Avocados
Eggs :)!
and I mix it with MY FAVOURITE OIL IN THE WORLD, coconut oil! 100% coconut oil :)



What have you learned on your natural hair journey?

To listen to my hair. I've realized my hair is my hair & although you can listen to other opinions, you have to just follow what makes you! feel good. I've realized Giovanni didn't work for me nor Kinky-Curly and that Shea Moisture and Herbal Essence did. It all depends on you.  Do not be afraid to experiment :)



Candidly speaking.. (anything else you would like to add)
I love designing swimsuits, I actually can't even remember the last time I've worn a swimsuit that wasn't my design! 
also, I secretly want to be a performing artiste
:)




No comments:

Post a Comment